It really has been an amazing 3 weeks. As a mentioned in the last blog, recovery has been much easier for me this time which has given me more opportunities to reflect on my little guy and what I have noticed in differences between him and Cadence.
When Cadence was born, she was a belly sleeper, meaning she really preferred to sleep on her tummy. All other moms out there know that tummy sleeping is a SIDS no no, so this was a struggle. For the first few weeks, I ended up sleeping on the recliner with Cadence sleeping on her tummy on my chest. Although not ideal, it was a really wonderful experience and the recliner was not too uncomfortable. Ultimately we got sleep positioners and she slept in the bassinet, and then in her crib, on her side. Well, my little Brody man is a back sleeper! Hallelujah! Which means he is actually okay sleeping in the bassinet most of the night, which means I get to sleep in my bed and not the recliner! Woo-hoo! There have still been some nights where I end up in the recliner for some of the evening, because I can sleep more soundly knowing he is right there with me or to avoid the screech of the alarm clock for Ben in the morning. I just love that he is a back sleeper though.
As far as strength is concerned, Cadence almost immediately would push her legs against our legs when we were holding her against our chest. Brody is more content just to sit and observe then to move around. We haven't done tummy time much, but he can lift his head and turn it from side to side already. Not sure if that is a big deal or not, but we sure think it is neat!
Cadence hated the car. When we were in it was when I could generally count on her screaming and stressing me out! Maybe we were in the car a lot more with her than we have been with Brody, but she did NOT like the car at all. The car lulls Brody to sleep almost instantaneously, just like it used to with Chloe. Even now Cadence doesn't usually fall asleep in the car. This morning though, Brody woke up to eat just as I was getting ready to take Cadence to school. Rather than feed him I strapped him in and we left. He was asleep by the time we got to school, which is about a quarter mile away! Awesome.
Also, yesterday Shannon brought me lunch and we chatted. I ended up singing my Brody Man song in front of her (Thankfully she has known me long enough to witness me break out in song on more than one occasion). It goes like this "Brody Man, Brody Man, doing the things that the Brody Man can..." I sing it to him several times a day. We were talking about whether or not I had a song for Cadence. At first I said no, but then remembered that I did have a song for her! I called her my little munchkin and I sang "Hey munchie muncher, I love my munchie muncher, where's my munchie muncher..."
Fun memories from when Cadence was a baby. And now she is a big girl, in the big bed, effective yesterday. More on that later, hopefully...
Some pictures for your viewing enjoyment...

No comments:
Post a Comment