So I have noticed over the past month that I have started to develop a pattern to my week...
It seems like I always have something scheduled on Monday that gets me out of the house, and actually presentably dressed (not so much for just dropping Cadence off at school in the morning). Whether it is a doctor appointment or a haircut or a lunch with a friend, my Mondays have seemed to be pretty busy. My favorite part of the Monday situation is that once I am out of the house I have an excuse to stay out of the house. For me that generally entails a shopping trip. Two weeks ago it was Stein Mart, and last week and today I had to check out Target. Chloe and Cadence are ending up completely spoiled because each trip I find something I just can't live without for them. Today they each got a book...
Tuesday has been a social day, generally with family or friends coming over to the house. As a result, the house generally isn't as clean as I would like it to be and I am not getting the necessary midday nap to keep me sane. Poor Ben, this usually ends up with a very grumpy evening.
So on Wednesday I rest. I do nothing. I take multiple naps with the baby. Obviously Monday and Tuesday have been WAY busier than they should be. The hour before Ben gets home on Wednesday sets off an utter panic attack because I have to get the house picked up and dinner ready in a VERY short period of time. Good thing I have rested.
By Thursday I am feeling guilty for not having a productive Wednesday, but there is too much to do so I just sit around and contemplate what I should be doing. All the while justifying just one more show on HGtv (which are starting to rerun now for me, boo!).
Then Friday, at least last Friday, is my Saturday! With the kids and Ben all home we sleep in and take it slow. Head to Cadence's gymnastics class, then its lunch, nap, and an afternoon of fun. The week has sure flown by!
I love this routine. Can't believe I only have a 6 more weeks left!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It goes too fast!!
Post a Comment