Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cadence's first manicure

So I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure for my birthday on Tuesday. Thank you to my darling son who slept the entire time and gave me some peace and relaxation! Anyway, last night at dinner with the fam, during a potty break with Cadence, she noticed the color on my nails. I should mention that this is the second time in her lifetime (maybe third, but doubtful) that I have had my nails and toes done! She grabbed my hand and examined my fingernails very closely.

It was cute and I shared her discovery with everyone at the table when we returned. Apparently, she had asked Ben sometime during the past few weeks to have her nails painted. She hasn't had much exposure to painted nails, so I assume he just heard her wrong, but that's not the point... Today, as I was getting her ready for school, I decided to paint her nails. It amazes me how well she listens when she is getting something she wants! I told her to put her hands flat on the counter and not to move them. First we clipped her long nails (the easiest it has been since I used to clip her nails while she napped on my chest) and then I put two coats on each finger and two coats on toe. During the entire process, I told her not to move and to not touch anything. This apparently excluded the pile of little plastic hair ties...one of which wrapped around one thumb and ruined the polish when I tried to get the hair tie to do her hair...

When we were all done and I was satisfied her nails were dry, we went back into the bedroom so I could finish getting ready and could take Cadence to school. Brody was sleeping nicely in his bassinet. The bassinet, which I love, has various buttons to help soothe the baby. There is a vibration, music, and a light. Cadence loves to push these buttons...well today was NO different. What was different was that instead of pushing the buttons with her fingers like normal, she pushed them with the palm of her hand. Like we ladies do when we have wet fingers. I was amazed to see her using both palms to push the buttons, noting that protecting wet polish by using palms is an innate thing for us women. For Cadence it certainly isn't a learned trait (although if my mother had her way it would be).

Just the cutest thing ever. And the first in what I am sure will be a great number of manicures in my little lady's' life.

Here are some pictures of Cadence from the past few weeks:

no pictures mommy!



Not ready to leave storytime, NOT her best moment...

At the end of a VERY long day...

Adventures at BIG SURF!

started a new gymnastics class last Friday. she did SO good listening.

beginning lessons on sharing with her brother...

No comments: