Saturday, May 30, 2009

Baby Brody's Nursery Dilemma

When we picked the decor for Cadence's nursery, I deliberately selected Classic Pooh because of how serene the colors were and the gender neutral nature of the theme. I thought it would be great when we had a little boy some day. During the past two years I have shopped consistently at Target and looked at their Classic Pooh baby stuff anticipating having it flowing back into my house once again for the next baby. When I found out I was pregnant, I would go by and look at all the cute stuff and tell myself to wait. 'Cause what if someone got it for me?

Well, now I have started to hard core prepare for Brody's arrival. So of course a trip to target for new Classic Pooh items has been on my list. I went on Friday to an older Target near my house. And I found. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. They had a couple Classic Pooh stuffed toys and a diaper bag that was cute. There were no cute sets of pink, blue and green onesies and nightgowns. No memory albums. No hand and footprint frames. No blankets. No blue or pink gift sets. Nothing. I immediately thought that there was something wrong with this Target. It must be this Target's fault! So today we were making some exchanges for Chloe's room and I wandered the infant section again. I saw the same end rack with the stuffed toys and diaper bag and thought to myself, "they have discontinued Classic Pooh from Target! My life is OVER!" Then I saw a few outfits that had been thoroughly picked over, so there was nothing newborn or smalled sized. Nothing like what Cadence had worn in her hospital picture. I was very sad, but still not convinced.

So tonight I began to let my fingers do the walking. Which I should be doing anyway given I am only 4 weeks out from bringing this boy into the world! Finally I had some success! I found a memory album, hand and footprint frame, and keepsake pillow on Target.com. These were three of the four pieces I desperately needed! (My only issue was that Target has blocked people from posting personal promotional codes on websites. So I can't hit up an extra 10% discount or free shipping unless THEY want me to! Grrr...)

I looked further and found a Classic Pooh gift set on a Craig's List site somewhere on the East Coast. I e-mailed the person and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't think I am crazy. I also found a cute outfit and a cute baby accessory on Ebay. I did elect to pass on this onesie set though.

I may hit up another couple Targets in the next few weeks to see if I can find some shred of Classic Pooh boys clothing! I am grateful to the excess of goodies I received when Cadence was born that I put away! The green fuzzy blanket from Kim will be Brody's blankie and I couldn't be more thrilled!

1 comment:

Kim | It's All Reitz said...

Oh good! So glad your boy will get to enjoy it. :) I will keep my eye out for Classic Pooh stuff and will let you know!