Thursday, August 6, 2009

Brody is 8 weeks old!

Wow, has it really been 2 weeks since my last post? Well, my little man is still pretty amazing. In the past two weeks he has grown a noticable amount. His head is noticably bigger and he is starting to chuck up around the thighs. He has a lot more alert time in between naps anf feedings, but still loves his naps.

I discovered over the past couple weeks that he loves to sleep in his carseat. This is a blessing for me because it is easily transportable from room to room and allows me to get a lot more stuff done at home, without abandoning him at one end of the house.

He has also started being more interested in faces, making more eye contact and starting to give little smiles. He is mush more aware of his surroundings because he is not sleeping through as much noise as he used to and is more cuddly. My mom thinks he is more active (kicking legs and moving arms, etc.) than Cadence was at this age. But I remember Cadence moving across the floor by kicking her legs when she was just a month and a half.

Last week Cadence was home sick for two days so we got to spend a lot of quality time. She is quite the little Mommy to Brody, making me even more nervous! When he cries, she wants to pat his tummy or put his pacifier in his mouth. When I was getting ready the other morning and he was crying near me, she ran from the other side of the house to tell me he was crying. It's very sweet, but I have to watch her so close now to make sure she doesn't accidentally hurt him.

Cadence also gets diapers for me for Brody, which is a great help. The other day I needed to change him and her, so I asked her to go grab me a diaper. The only diapers out of the packaging were back in the bottom of the bassinet in my room, and we were in the family room on the opposite end of the house. When I asked her to get a diaper for Brody, I thought for sure that she would get distracted. But she came right out with the diaper and bag of wipes in hand. Then she saw another bag of wipes, the one I keep in the family room and said "what's that"? As if it was missing its diaper friend. So she walked back to the bedroom and retrieved another of Brody's diapers and placed it neatly on the bag of wipes, next to the other diaper and bag of wipes. Then I asked her to go get a pull-up for herself, which I had already set near the computer with a box of wipes. She retrieved them and then began sorting, the diapers on one side of the changing pad, the wipes on the other. The Brody diapers on the bags, the pull-up on the box, all in a row. It was very interesting to watch my mini-me sorting with complete focus.

Can't wait to see what Brody is like...will be be a sorter like his sister? Or something completely different?!?

Sorry no pictures, I will upload them once we get home on Sundy...

No comments: