Thursday, August 20, 2009

Brody is 10 weeks old!

Last Thursday, Brody had his two month check-up. The doc walked in and called him a Moose! He has gone from being on mid to lower percentiles to higher percentiles. Specifically he was 10 lbs 15 oz and 23.5 inches. That puts him at about the 70th percentile for height and 40th or so for weight. Tall and skinny, that how we make them at the Smith house! I imagine his height will keep shooting up!

It's really fun, his legs are really starting to chunck up. I don't really worry that he isn't eating enough. He eats generally every 2 to 3 hours. And goes longer at night between feedings, which is why I get to blog now! He is beginning to outgrow the 0-3 month clothes, which is pretty unbelievable. These kids just grow TOO FAST! Looking forward to the new wardrobe though!
He is very responsive to smiles and smiles and coos right back. It is the cutest thing ever, I could sit there for hours making faces at him and getting him to smile back.

We were out of town at the cabin for my last post and since then we have had a major potty malfunction. Brody had no poop through Friday, when we got a couple runny movements. Then I got other runny movement earlier this week. But today, while I was visiting Missi's day care, just after we chatted about it. He had the large movement I was expecting! Whew, and Cadence, who was holding off this week, did her business tonight while Grandma was visiting so I was off the hook! (Thanks mom for all your help, as always!) Today was, literally, a poopy day for me! And I loved it.

Tonight I decided to adjust the baby monitor and put Brody in the crib for the first time. He is such a good sleeper, he has needed to be there for a long time. It gives me so much more flexibility in moving around the house when I know he is one place and sound asleep. Plus I don't have to move him from the swing to the bassinet and risk waking him up! That was the story last night, poor little man. I fed him around 7:30, now its almost 11:30 and he is still sleeping! I hope I don't jinx it and get a few hours myself. Hopefully he will go right back to sleep in the crib like he has in the bassinet.

Next week is the last full week of maternity leave for me. I am very sad it has come to an end but am looking forward to the second income again (Yay!) and the more structured routine. As fun as it is to lounge in bed while Cadence watches an hour of Dora in the morning, I am ready to take on the morning at 6 and get her to school in time for snack, or maybe even breakfast!
Still working on where Brody will end up in day care. There is so much to consider! Price, location, history, and general comfort level! I wish it were easy! I really wish my mom could just watch him all the time, but that's not an option. I am sure he will be better for being in day care!

Here are the latest pics and pics from when he was one week from our professional photographer friend (sorry for the duplication FB friends!). There is a large gap because, GASP, my camera charger was missing in action until Ben rediscovered it this weekend.

Sleeping like a champ - Aug. 13th
Leftover marshmellows, yum.

MOM! Quit taking pictures and get me off this table! Aug. 13th - two month well-check (9 weeks)
Happy post-diaper change at the PV Mall with the Murrays - Aug. 14th

August 15th
Looking SO BIG sitting on the couch! - August 18th

With the helpful big sister!

Happy to be surfing with Simba!

First NIGHT in the crib - August 20th
Steve Nissle pics - Brody 1 week, Cadence 2 years, Chloe 6 1/2





No comments: