Monday, April 20, 2009

Complications...

My SIL and her family are moving to the AZ. So excited to have them down here so we can get to know each other better and so I can get to know my nephews! My SIL has been staying with us the past week while looking for a house for the fam and a new job. We have spent a lot of time house shopping and bonding as only girls can. Growing up without a sister, I can only hope that over time the relationship we develop will closely resemble such a relationship! It has been stressful at times, as it would be with any houseguest, but that's not the complications I am refering to.

First, a little background...

Last week would have been a whirlwind even if we didn't have a houseguest! On Monday, Ben and I bounced between Chloe's t-ball game, Cadence's swim lessons, and a committment I had to the sorority alum group. On Tuesday, there was a doctor appointment (followed by a viewing of a couple houses) and a long lunch with a former co-worker, which was then compensated with a later than usual night at the office...followed-up by Wednesday, good 'ole April 15th. This was more fun than work as I bailed from the office early and headed Zipps with the team for some afternoon team building. Upon arriving home, we cooked dinner for the troops and packed into the car to look at a potential rental for the Froehle family. Thursday, the official day after tax season holiday, I made a stop at the office in the morning then took my first trip on the light rail with Mandi and Mason as we went downtown for a medical job fair for Mandi. After a few hours of babysitting, we jumped back on the light rail and headed home. The kids were fed and we hoped in the car again, this time on our way to visit Allyson's grave on the 2 month anniversay. Friday morning, Cadence was a little ill, so we took it easy...doctor appointment at 2:10, followed by a trip to see a couple rental properties. Then it was off to Chloe's t-ball game and home for dinner. Then I had to run out to go shopping for a birthday present (hey, the last minute is my best friend).

Are you tired yet? I am getting tired again just writing down everything we did!

Saturday we set the alarms early so we could hop on the light rail to downtown Tempe to support Ben in his first competetive run at Pat's Run. Unfortunately we made it much after he finished, but just in time to get Chloe to the Kid's Run. Mandi and I trekked to the finish line with the young ones to watch them cross. Mandi then bailed for another job fair and Ben I and took the kids to the light rail stop...Cadence and I trained it back to the car (it took us 6 minutes longer to get to our car in Mesa then for Ben to get to his car with the kids near the stadium, are you sold yet - you should be!) and headed south to celebrate Connor's 2nd birthday! We partied hardy for a couple hours then went home. While Cadence napped (from 2 - 6 on Saturday, maybe that should have been my first clue) I jinned. I downed a Dr. P and did household chores like a mad woman...then we sat down for dinner.

And thats when I started to notice that my BH contractions were getting kinda intense and starting to hurt a little in my back...so we started timing. Okay, yeah, 3 - 5 minutes apart was a little scary. So I started drinking a bunch of water and laid down. Not helping. Finally called the doc. Go to the hospital...oh damn...

Ben and I went in around 8:00 and were there till 11:30. I got two shots of the stop contractions stuff and an order to take Motrin to relax the muscles for the next 24 hours...and an order to take it easy...

Today I went by the doctor's office for a quick check-up and all was well...but I got another order to take it easy (which wasn't half the lecture I received from my mom!).

I am still trying to decide which of the things I was so looking forward to doing will have to be sacrificed. I want it to be none, but in Brody's best interest I am afraid it will be all! Oh, well. I guess I have the rest of my life to do fun things. But I only have once chance to bring this little boy into the world happy and healthy...

Here are some fun pictures from the past week...
Cadence loves playing with the baby, she's going to be a great big sister...
Team Smith after the run!
Sunday night, the cousins in the bath...having a blast...

Or maybe not!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

Jill! Congratulations! I didn't even know you were pregnant with number two! Guess Brent and I need to do a better job of keeping in touch! Glad to hear everybody is doing ok! Better rest up now, I am sure three is a whole different ball game :)