Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Questions

So apparently I blog every other Wednesday. I came across the questions below in my friend Lindsay's blog. Thought I would complete it myself for fun. I have lots of fun pictures to share of the girls too. I will try to post them tomorrow!

Egg nog or hot chocolate?

Hot cholocate does it for me, any time when it's cold, not just the holidays.

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree?

Santa delivers one big gift, unwrapped, and fills the stockings of the kids. When I was old enough I figured this bought mom and dad perhaps 30 extra minutes of sleep between when my brother and I rushed to see what Santa brought and when we decided to share it with mom and dad.

Colored lights on tree or white?

I have been a white lights person in the past, but I really like the colors of the new LED colored strands. We are conspiring to buy some during the after Christmas sales.

When do you put your decorations up?

Religiously the weekend after Thanksgiving, except this year, where we have struggled to get into the holiday spirit. The Christmas tree is STILL not decorated!

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Green bean casserole prepared by me!

Favorite holiday memory as a child?

Playing with my brother at my grandma and grandpa's condo in Tempe (probably cause we have the most pictures of that)!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

Nope, we exchange with my mom's side of the family on Christmas Eve, but no family gifts.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

The big tree in the living room with pre-lit white lights with a variety of ornaments that have been purchased or received as gifts over the past few years. Our little tree in the kitchen gets colored lights and has all the small ornaments I had before we were married and the little Dora ornaments and other little ornaments my mom has bought for Chloe.

Snow! Love it or dread it?

Too cold for me!

Can you ice skate?

Yes, but it has been a LONG while.

Do you remember your favorite gift?

Nope, no good pictures!

What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?

Spending time with my family and friends.

What is your favorite holiday dessert?

My mom's pumpkin pie!

What is your favorite tradition?

Christmas Eve at my Aunt's house is always nice and usually pretty crazy in some way or another. Like 3 years ago when we didn't eat dinner until after 9:00 PM!

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?

Giving. I love giving gifts and could really care less if I receive any myself.

Candy canes! Yuck or yum?

Yum! I always sneak one from the tree.

Ever recycled a Christmas present?

Nope, I feel too guilty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

never ever recycled a present? wow. i have an entire closet of them--just waiting to find their forever home:)