Friday, March 26, 2010

The Coffee Corner - Industrial Coffee

Out at a client this week, good times. A week shortened by two sick days by Miss Cadence. That being said, Tuesday morning I ventured out to the client to touch base and gather workpapers to bring home to work on. I brought my own coffee with me, because I left the house without consuming my first cup. This is all well and good, because when I arrived I discovered this:

A similar sign accompanied the bathroom doors. Upon further investigation I learned that the septic system gave out and they had temporary facilties in place. This means that any consumption of coffee could result in dire consequences. Thank goodness I am not pregnant here this year! Yikes!

Didn't think about that this is a STARBUCKS cup and can be refilled for 99 pennies. Hm, an adventure awaits!

Okay, so I gathered up my workpapers and decided I needed to refill my cup here for ZERO pennies. I was not suprised to see the traditional office coffee pot, see left, and traditional creamer and sugars, see right. Having minimal experience with this creamer vendor, I grabbed the french vanilla and sugar and dumped enough to significantly lighten the color. I was in a hurry so I really didn't pay too close attention. I stirred it up, put on the lid and hit the road! Then I tasted the coffee...it.was.gross.boo...better than black but too much creamer with a strange flavor. I actually didn't finish it before I got home. Unconsumed coffee always makes me sad. So...on subsequent visits until this engagement is over, I plan to stick to sugar. 'Cause you can't screw-up sugar!

1 comment:

L. Shanna said...

Unconsumed coffee also makes me sad... that's how I justify more than one cup!