My little man is starting to become my little chunky monkey! Over the past three weeks since my last Brody post he has definitely started filling out with chunky legs and arms, and a more full face. His smiles are coming more readily now and his verbalizations are increasing too! With more tummy time, he is starting to lift his head up off the ground more often too. He has quiet moments where he is observing everything, staring around and taking it all in - like Cadence used to do. And then he has his active moments, where he is kicking, kicking, kicking! No matter if he is on the ground, in the bouncer, or in your lap - he's kicking! Practicing to be a soccer star someday, I am sure.
With the three month mark here, things are starting to settle down as far as his routine is concerned. Whew! He is generally eating every 2 - 4 hours with some active time before a nap. And in the early afternoon he usually conks out for a longer, deeper snooze. At night when he is falling asleep for his long, deep sleep (usually from 9 - 1 or 2 am!) he takes his hands and rubs them over his eyes. It's really the sweetest thing. It's how I can tell if he is going to be out for awhile or just taking another 30 - 60 minute cat nap before the next feeding. Last night, after the long sleep, he went another 2-3 hours in between feedings so I only ended up waking up 2x during the night. It was fabulous! Looking forward to more nights like that!
On September 1st, he started at daycare. He is at the same daycare/preschool where Cadence went until she was one. Our favorite teacher, Miss Maria, and another great teacher, Miss Bonnie, are still there. They took great care of Cadence and I am so excited for them to care for little Brody too. With Cadence, taking her to school was more about finding a place for her so I could work and I was really excited about working again. With Brody, I was more comfortable on my leave so leaving him and heading back to work was a lot more difficult. Much more than I anticipated. But he is in great hands. They are down in enrollment, which means more love for my little man!
Here are some pictures from the past 3 weeks of Mr. Brody Man! There's not a lot of pictures, because we have been a busy little family (mom back at work, Brody at daycare and Cadence at a new school)!
With the three month mark here, things are starting to settle down as far as his routine is concerned. Whew! He is generally eating every 2 - 4 hours with some active time before a nap. And in the early afternoon he usually conks out for a longer, deeper snooze. At night when he is falling asleep for his long, deep sleep (usually from 9 - 1 or 2 am!) he takes his hands and rubs them over his eyes. It's really the sweetest thing. It's how I can tell if he is going to be out for awhile or just taking another 30 - 60 minute cat nap before the next feeding. Last night, after the long sleep, he went another 2-3 hours in between feedings so I only ended up waking up 2x during the night. It was fabulous! Looking forward to more nights like that!
On September 1st, he started at daycare. He is at the same daycare/preschool where Cadence went until she was one. Our favorite teacher, Miss Maria, and another great teacher, Miss Bonnie, are still there. They took great care of Cadence and I am so excited for them to care for little Brody too. With Cadence, taking her to school was more about finding a place for her so I could work and I was really excited about working again. With Brody, I was more comfortable on my leave so leaving him and heading back to work was a lot more difficult. Much more than I anticipated. But he is in great hands. They are down in enrollment, which means more love for my little man!
Here are some pictures from the past 3 weeks of Mr. Brody Man! There's not a lot of pictures, because we have been a busy little family (mom back at work, Brody at daycare and Cadence at a new school)!

1 comment:
these are great! there is such a sharp contrast between pics when they are this age and when they are mobile!! at this age, they are always just laying on the floor or strapped into something...carseat, jumper, swing...
Post a Comment