Sunday, March 29, 2009

Beating the Monday Blues!

What better way to waste time on a Monday than to read a Blog survey, then repeat it yourself! In honor of Lindsay's fabulous blog on Friday, here are the answers to MY 20 Questions...

1. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a teacher. I used to have all the younger kids over and we would play class and I would be the teacher. I would even have extra worksheets from school that I would make them do...I must have been a good one too because they all ended up in accelerated classes. I actually still dream of being a teacher someday...

2. What have you done in the past week to help someone else?
Well, I help people at work all the time but that doesn't count. Listening to family issues doesn't count either...nor does parenting, I suppose...and I am pregnant too, doesn't that get me an automatic bye?

3. Who is the best-dressed person you know?
Has to be Jaimi, the marketing director at work. She always has the cutest things.

4. What is on your nightstand?
Sorry kids, no nightstand here. Someday I will when we buy grown-up furniture for our room...Instead I have one of my grandmothers pink chairs next to my bed. And that is storage for the previous week or two's clothes...

5. If you were a cat, what kind of a cat would you be?
I would be an indoor, lap cat who is constantly petted and purring! Just like my Felix!

6. If you lived in a house surrounded by acres of trees, what particular type of tree would you want flourishing on your land?
Up in Pinetop they have these pretty white trees with circular leaves that make an awesome sound when it is windy. But I am not sure I could handle them all over, I think it would freak me out at night.

7. What do you find to be very overrated?
Sleep! There are so many things I would rather be doing or experiences I would rather be having! If only my anatomy didn't require so much of it!

8. How many email addresses do you have?
Officially three: work, yahoo, and gmail. The yahoo was from college and the gmail is with my married name. Now the gmail is for important personal stuff and the yahoo is for everything else I use an e-mail for - for online shopping, subscriptions, etc. The yahoo has an excellent spam blocker and I feel slightly more secure putting my maiden name e-mail address out there.

9. Have you ever felt replaced?
It happens all the time at work, when you get switched off a job you have history on. It's not fun, but part of the business!

10. Would you rather watch football or baseball?
I will have to agree with Lindsay on this one - Football, hands down. Baseball is THE most boring sport. I prefer watching NASCAR, golf, etc...

11. What is the wallpaper on your phone?
My newest phone has NO wallpaper! Rude!

12. Name a lyric from the song you're listening to.
Not currently listening, but I have one going through my head..."so kiss me through the phone." Don't really know the rest of the lyrics...

13. Do you use a feed reader?
Again with Lindsay on this one, I think she introduced me - Google Reader. Btw, I don't really even know what a feed reader is!

14. What chocolate do you always leave in the box?
Anything with the cherry in it!

15. What would you do if you found out your ex is engaged?
Probably talk to everyone I know about it except that person! Well, maybe I would send an e-mail.

16. Do words hurt you?
Of course.

17. Are you a talker or a listener?
I am a talker, but I can do double duty when I need to. One of the best things about being a talker is having a chance to have someone open up so you can listen!

18. Have you ever walked on the beach at night?
Yes, when in elementary school we stayed on a ship in San Diego with school and as part of our assigned "job" we went to the beach during the evening. And also one time in college when we stayed at a friend's condo in Rocky Point...

19. How long do you sleep at night?
Last night was great - 9 good hours. Usually I crash between 10:00 and 12:00 and the alaram goes off for me around 5:40...so I guess 6 hours.

20. Which TV show have you seen pretty much every episode of?
Heroes, Chuck, Criminal Minds, Numbers...I missed a couple seasons, but usually regularly now watch Top Chet, Project Runway, and America's Next Top Model...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg. i think i did that same field trip in elem school. we went to dana point or something and worked on some really old ship?!? no one ever knows what i'm talking about. i remember getting a certificate.

did we go to the same school?

Jill said...

No, but I think we were officially in the same nerdy group - ELP! Gotta love it. Did you do the aerospace and archeaology trips too?

Hey look, Mesa Schools are good for something!