His development this month has been so much fun, just this past week he has discovered his feet - which conveniently enough can stretch all the way to his mouth - and he is getting closer and closer to rolling over! He has done a couple accidental rolls from tummy to back and some half rolls where he will get his top half flipped but not the rest of him. This has made for some really cute pictures!
Gosh, there is so much to talk about him I just don't know where to begin or how to organize my thoughts...
Brody is a complete flirt. Just about anybody can make him smile and giggle, which melts my heart. He is starting to recognize caregivers now too, so I am sure separation anxiety is sure to follow before too long.
I love giving him kisses around his face and neck or tickling his body to make him laugh. His little giggles are very distinct, there is no question that he is having a blast laughing at whomever.
He loves to hold hands on his chest. When he is in his carseat or in his bed, if I reach in to give him his pacifier or check on him, if a hand touches his chest he immediately grabs it and holds it tight to his little body. Again, melting my heart or the heart of anyone who experiences this! I know I am not supposed to have stuffed animals in his crib, but at night as he is falling to sleep, I give him his little piglet stuffed animal, which he holds tight for a short while then lets fall as he falls asleep. Last night, as I watched him fall asleep on the baby monitor, he spread his arms out wide and fell asleep rubbing his crib bumber in his hand. His is a very tactile baby!
He is definitely reaching for and grabbing things! Other than his feet, anything he can reach he is grabbing and placing in his mouth. This morning, he was in the bouncer in the kitchen and promptly grabbed and removed the owl stuffed animal from the overhead bar and placed it in his mouth! I was shocked (this happened the other day, but he dropped it and I found Simba with it - I thought Simba had pulled it off)! I am amazed how strong he seems to be for moving so little still.
At his daycare, they are having a real problem with enrollment. Bad for the school, awesome for me and Mr. Brody! Most days there are only 5 total kids in the class, and of those 5 only one is mobile. So with all the young babies he is 1) exposed to a LOT fewer germs, 2) getting a TON of good floor time, 3) getting a TON of attention from the teachers! Keep in mind this classroom is built to hold as many as 11 or 12 kids from 6 weeks to 1 year. Did I mention I love Ms. Maria? Brody loves her too, which is why we are here again. Fab-u-lous!
He is growing so fast! At his 4 month appointment he was 14 lbs and 26.5 inches. That puts him in the 75-90% for height and 25-50% for weight. Tall and skinny! More recently I have been putting him in some of his 6 month clothes, which is great because they are SO cute!
Sorry so disorganized! But this is what he is up to! I am going to try another state of the rest of the Smith house post for later this week, stay tuned!
Oct 23rd - Maxwell's fall festival
Oct. 24 - Playtime with Cadence!
Happy Halloween - That morning, reading with Chloe.
Later at the ASU football game with Billy Ray Cyrus, er, Dad!

4 comments:
love the new posting!! i am really thinking he's looking lots like cadence in these pics.
ps--you know i love that he's grabbing the owl! :)
I loved the owl part, too!
Yay, Jill's back! :) Super cute photos. It's fun watching them grow, isn't it? And a little sad? We've taken video of Ella every couple weeks since she was born - I re-watched the other night and cried.
Wonderful pics of the kids, would be nice to hear from everyone!
Post a Comment