So Ben left this morning for his last trip before the baby comes! Yay!
But why does it seem that stuff always waits to go wrong until the minute he leaves? I have been fortunate that not much has gone wrong on his past trips, but today, which happens to be his 30th birthday (Happy Birthday honey!) the dishwasher broke and we lost our cable signal. So with no cable, I should have some extra time to hand wash the dishes, right? Um, no.
Before Ben and I met, I was a pretty independent person. I could hook-up a computer, adjust electronic devices, etc. But once you get used to having someone do the heavy lifting for you it is amazing how quickly you forget! Hopefully tonight he will figure out what piece I need to buy for the dishwasher to get it fixed, then I will call my Dad, my OTHER knight in shining armor, to come save the day! Not sure about the cable situation though. Hope I can find Jon and Kate Plus 8 online somewhere tonight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i'm glad you mentioned this. i totally agree with you. i was always able to do all kinds of tech stuff too...but jeff loves that stuff and now if he changes a setting on the tv i'm left holding 7 remotes with no idea how to access tivo. damn.
ps-i can recount j&k+8 if you need :) it wasn't nearly as painful as recent eps.
why am i still writing on this??! i could be facebooking you. yippee!!
Yeah, it causes major anxiety for me when I can't get the computer to work when Ben is out of town.
I wonder if the guys feel the same way about the stuff we take over in the relationship. For me, I wonder if Ben would still be able to do his laundry (easy answer here is yes) or pay bills (I am thinking his credit score would be a little worse for ware)...
Post a Comment